Sunday, June 08, 2008

Yippeeee MUMMY'S EXAMS ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mommy is so gg to fail. But u'll all still love me and mommy right!!!! Anyway i wanted to save Mommy today by doing a "prison break" and go as Mommy's heavily tattooed "pencil case" but i think mommy would have failed it even worsely.

Anyway Por Por and Gong Gong came back from HK and bought me 3 clothes that were too small =(((((((( And then they called me fat. Wah lau. 

Sigh.. Now that mommy's exams are over, what are we gg to do? Oh yah! We have to plan for our Europe sojourn!!!! Hee. We're going to Frankfurt, Koln, Rotterdam, Zurich, Verona, Milan and Venice!!! Yiipppeee.. I promise to update my bloggie with lots and lots of photos!

But meanwhile for the next 2 weeks, its time to chill! Time to go for Sushi Tei with Desdragon & GGQQ! And lots of hot yoga with GGQQ!! I hope ggqq can make it!

Yang Ma Ma: What a good experience the CFA was!! Even if i fail this time round, completely prepared to take the Dec paper =)  Sigh.. what good omens actually.. 8th June ( 6/8/08 ), my candidate number was 6116568 and my seat number was 68!!!

Looking back, i am very glad that i took this CFA even though it turned out to be more challenging than chem eng! At the very least, i really need to stop thinking like an engineer and start to have finance , econs and commercial acumen and the CFA syllabus really tunes a person to that kind of thinking. People can be superficial sometimes, investment banking is 1 of the uses of this, but seriously, running the LP is not gg to generate income for me when i retire from Shell. 

After chemical engineering, it doesnt really make me want to pursue it further but somehow the CFA can make u want to learn more... I actually got a couple questions correct when i recalled some articles that i had read in The Economist. I.e: In the long run, the skill of the portfolio manager is what differentiates 1 portfolio from another. (i.e: Alpha vs Beta)

I wun give myself too much pressure.. afterall, its been 4 yrs + 6 yrs working as an engineer and only half a yr as a commercial person. 

Anyway the CFA exam procedures were so strict!! My pencil case got confiscated as we were only allowed pencils, erasers , the BAII plus calculators and our brain into the exam hall. We were expected to be seated by 836 am and the "late comers" were locked out till the paper started at 9 am. Poor fellas. Quite psychologically traumatising!

The mad rush for ur belongings was another lesson that i learnt and if i pass (or retake it in Dec), i definitely will just lock all my stuff in the lambmobile the next time and just bring my car keys. And definitely bringing ur own lunch was a blardee good idea.

Ahhhh... so tired but satisfying... having acquired some new found financial knowledge and perhaps can challenge Desdragon in future!! =)

A giant thanks to all my friends who supported me during this endeavor... U guys still love me even if i fail right!!!

In no particular order: Weiling, Weebs, Weijian, GGQQ, One-Gin Two Tonic, Guru "Heteroskedacity" Chee Seng and of cos the guy who provided me with much entertainment and much needed quotes during my lonely week in Marine Parade library last week: Desdragon! =)

KT: " Wah lau, i think i zou huo ru mo (walk fire enter demon) already, last night i dreamt of equities, fixed income, yields, derivatives."
Desdragon: "So technically, it was a wet dream."






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Paris on your European whirlwind tour?

1G2T